Within the InCommon project and the Local Interventions activity, migrant women and EDITC staff have co-organized an excursion to visit cultural sites, monasteries and churches across the island.
Locals from various places have shared with us information about Cyprus traditions.
Our excursion route included:
- Kato Drys – Here we have visited the Cyprus Honey Museum. The owner explained the process of making honey in the old days.
- Kato Drys: The Traditional House Museum. The tour guide explained the usage of variou home equipment for making bread, baking, making oil etc
- Hoirokitia: This is a famous historic UNESCO site
- Lefkara: A Member of the municipality of Lefkara explained the tradition of Lefkara Lace and the history behind it. We also learnt about the method of the making of traditional Loukoumi and the art of silver jewelry.
- Ayios Minas Monastery – The nuns were welcoming and narrated the history of the monastery
The excursion was successful since women followed all the tours with great interest posing questions and learning from the historical guides.