Implementation period: 2002-2004
Area of intervention: Huaycán, Peru
Sector of activity: Local Economic Development by training and social-labour insertion
Beneficiaries:: 221 men and women from Huaycán
Costs 1ª stage 84.598,46€ 2º: 95.500 €
Funded by: Cantabria Government, General Directorate for European Affairs and Development Cooperation
The main outcomes of the project were:
- Running up of the management structure for training and employment to face demands and needs of qualification, and life standards in Huaycán community.
- Creation of 3 curricula for its continuous delivery, elaboration and design of training materials
- Implementation of a training programme and trainneeships with 6 courses in 3 proffesions (plumbing, gardening and construction) for 77 people during the first stage and 144 during the second.
- Inventary and classification of the Urban public spaces in Huaycán
- Masonry work: construction of green areas and 2 public spaces, land conditioning of the Huaycán Industrial Park (construction of a tanker of drinking water; building a staff room in a school and construction of a building of 80 m2 intended for community library.
- Plumbing Works: Repair preparation and sanitary facilities of two schools.
- Landscaping works: design of a public park and a plant nursery
- Completion of a training program for microenterprise services, specialized in each of the trades and implementation of a plan to support the initiatives of the beneficiaries, in which many local actors as the Municipal Government involved, neighborhood leaders and NGOs involved in the area.