Implementation period: 2004-2005
Area of intervention: Pichincha. Ecuador
Sector of intervention: Local development, micro-enterprise creation
Beneficiaries: 24 indigenous women which formed the association, and their families.
Total costs: 76.389,00 €
Financed by: Government of Cantabria,Directorate of European Affairs and Cooperation for Development.
- The project has strengthened and improved self-esteem and the dignity of indigenous women living in urban areas by providing them with a stable workspace.
- It has established a new association, having full legal rights to operate commercially in the Ecuadorian economic context
- Creation of one specific place to promote female employment, focusing on textile sector.
- Creation of sustainable employment in a “tough” social environment where insecurity and lack of training are the main barriers for women.
- Facilitation and diversification of productive activities through micro credits.
- In order to complement these proposals, different marketing alternatives were presented visits to workshops and retail stores.