Key Action: KA220-ADU – Cooperation partnerships in adult education
Project Total Duration: 30 months
Start Date: 01/11/2021
Project nº: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-ADU-000033525
Promoter: DOCUMENTA (Spain)
CONSORZIO ABN A&B NETWORK SOCIALE SOCIETA COOPERATIVA SOCIALE (Italy) CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD (Cyprus), KENTRO THERAPEIAS EXARTIMENON ATOMON – KETHEA (Greece)
- Community development
- New methods and approaches to learning and teaching
- Promotion of equality and non-discrimination
The “RSC against P&SE” project arises from the need to develop new innovative and participatory strategies to combat poverty and social exclusion in the EU – based on the civic and social commitment of an active, intelligent and responsible Citizenship -, and that respond to the current situation: Covid-19 crisis, insufficiency of traditional strategies to combat poverty and social exclusion, emergence of a new poverty profile, EU commitment to the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
The general objective of the project is to contribute to the reduction of poverty and social exclusion in the EU through the design, testing and systematisation of an innovative and effective European Strategy for Education and Social Participation against Poverty and Social Exclusion, based on the construction of an “inclusive and collaborative learning ecosystem”, and in the networking of Local Communities of Inclusive and Collaborative Learning, aimed at: building capacities and acquiring key skills for promoting inclusion, participation and social cohesion; the design and evaluation of Inclusive and Collaborative Learning Projects against Poverty and Social Exclusion; and the empowerment and involvement of an active, intelligent and responsible European citizenship.
The specific objectives are:
- Design, develop and keep updated a Digital Toolbox that covers the learning needs related to both the lack of pedagogical materials and adequate didactic resources, as well as the use of innovative didactic methodologies aimed at promoting social inclusion and favouring the exercise of active citizenship.
- Design, build and boost a Virtual Environment for Inclusive and Collaborative Learning (Platform and Virtual Community for Collaborative Learning) for the proper functioning, transferability and sustainability of the “RSC Strategy against P&SE”.
- Design, test and validate an Education and Social Participation Program aimed at:
- improve the technical qualification and acquisition of key skills of workers and volunteers of entities involved in the fight against Poverty and Social Exclusion;
- favour the creation of Collaborative Learning Communities, through the design and evaluation of Collaborative Projects against Poverty and Social Exclusion, in local learning environments (workers and volunteers, political decision-makers and social leaders, people in a situation and/or at risk of exclusion, citizenship).
- Systematise the entire “RSC against P&SE” process (management, communication, training process and social participation, platform, community and tools), in a White Paper, a toolkit for its transfer and implementation in the EU, in addition to a networking and sustainability strategy.
To achieve these objectives, the “RSC against P&SE” project aims to achieve the following Results:
- Generation of resources: design, development and continuous updating of a Digital Toolbox for the construction of an Inclusive and Collaborative Learning Ecosystem against Poverty and Social Exclusion. The main objective of the Digital Toolbox is to cover the needs detected by the partners in the preparatory phase of the project: need for updated information on Poverty and Social Exclusion (data and sources); of existing and dispersed pedagogical materials and teaching resources; of participatory methodologies for the design of Inclusive and Collaborative Learning Projects (PAICs) in Local Learning Communities (CLAICs).
- Creation of a virtual environment: design, construction and revitalization of a Virtual Environment for Inclusive and Collaborative Learning (EVAIC) against Poverty and Social Exclusion. The EVAIC will offer the necessary tools and technical support, both for the correct impartation of the Education and Social Participation Program and for the development of other key functions of the project: management, communication, dissemination, evaluation, networks, transfer and sustainability.
- Development and implementation of the training program: design, testing and validation of an Education and Social Participation Program (PEPS) for the creation of Inclusive and Participatory Learning Communities against Poverty and Social Exclusion. The main objective of the PEPS is to improve the qualifications, both of professionals and volunteers from the social organisations involved (participatory methodologies, acquisition of key skills, project design and evaluation), and of the participants in the CLAICs (implementation of collaborative learning projects, networks, communication, intercultural skills).
- Preparation of a Policy Advocacy Toolkit (White Paper), Transfer and Sustainability. The general objective of the Toolkit is to facilitate the transfer and replicability of the “RSC against P&SE” project in other EU territories, incorporating new Partners, local learning communities, and laying the foundations for its expansion and future sustainability.
3. TARGET GROUP
- Professionals from organisations working on projects related to Poverty and Social Exclusion.
- Volunteers and other stakeholders (public and private entities, union and neighbourhood organisations, companies, etc.).
- End users and beneficiaries. People in a situation and/or risk of poverty and social exclusion
- Policy Makers