Action: AMIF Action Grant
Project Total Duration: 30 months
Project nº: 821514— In2C— AMIF-2017-AG-INTE
FUNDACION LABORAL DE LA CONSTRUCCION, Spain
M.M.C MANAGEMENT CENTER LIMITED, Cyprus
DIMOS LARISEON, Greece
STIFTELSEN KURSVERKSAMHETEN VID U-AUNIVERSITET, Sweden
SVERIGE STROJ AB, Sweden
The general objective of In2C project is to facilitate and foster early and effective integration of TCNs in labour market in construction sector through an integrated training, which target to enhance host country language skills in their job field, and networking with employers who will actively be engaged in In2C activities.
In2C project addresses the need to “promote swift integration of TCNs into the labour market through strengthened cooperation and mobilisation of employers and social and economic partners”. We respond to this call by attempting to develop innovative tools and methodologies to increase TCNs’ participation in educational and matching with employers. This will be achieved through a range of activities that ultimately aim at eliminating TCNs host country language barriers and enhancing their skills (e.g., In2C training package, In2C e-platform and web-based learning applications, certification of level of knowledge on In2C materials through SonAT). Need of matching employers and TCNs is tackled both through the participation of key stakeholders of each partner country in In2C partnership (e.g., Technical Chamber, Construction companies, Association of Employers in construction sector) and through project’s tools and activities for cooperation and mobilisation of employers and matching with TCNs through events and integrated tools).
In the short-medium term 1000 people (400 TCNs, 400 employers and 200 representatives of VET providers, NGOs dealing with TCNs and competent authorities/municipalities in four partner countries) will be benefited through a range of innovative activities/workshops, which are built on successful project results (workshops, focus groups and networking opportunities for employers and TCNs, training and learning level assessment for TCNs). The project’s heritage is ensured via the development of the “In2C e-platform/e-tool” and “virtual network/communication platform”, which provide an integrated approach for the stakeholders on how to implement all the project’s activities in order to strengthen labour market integration for TCNs and mobilisation of employers. All the materials developed (training curricula and materials, assessment tool, web-based applications etc.) will also be available on the e-platform.
– Raising awareness and promoting In2C, using popular media and available channels.
– Using partners’ past experience to identify labour market needs, good practices and barriers for the effective integration of TCNs into the host country labour market in construction sector.
– Conducting a research survey in 4 participating countries and use the results drawn from the comparative report to guide the development of training material.
– Developing training tools in an In2C Training Package that will contain learning material in the fields of terminology glossary, technical vocabulary, health and safety and labour legislation.
– Developing 2 multilingual applications and the In2C e-platform, containing an efficient database with all learning material.
– Building an online assessment tool, that will evaluate TCNs’ learning competency.
– Informing employers of In2C benefits in TCNs’ effort to be incorporated in the working environment of construction sector. Creating a network that will interlink Employers and TCNs. Showcasing In2C in workshops, organizing a European conference.
4. TARGET GROUPS
– Third Country Nationals.
– VET providers