GUIDE! team carried out the final conference of the project on the 5th November 2013 in Berlin. Guidance practitioners and policy makers from the partners’ countries (Germany, Italy, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Austria and Spain) attended to the event.
During this two years’ project:
• The chosen core competences which are in the main focus of the case studies were developed on the basis of a questionnaire filled in by 144 guidance practitioners from 7 different countries.
• 6 cases studies & 6 corresponding teaching notes were developed in 6 different languages which makes in total 72 different documents.
• The final case studies and teaching notes are influenced by the feedback of 81 testing candidates.
• 75% of them said their knowledge and awareness raising about is raised after working with the case studies.
During the conference, the European situation regarding guidance was analyzed, comparing the services and the methodologies undertaken among the above mentioned countries.
In addition, an overview of the project was provided and the main outcomes achieved after two years of work were presented:
• The six case studies with the corresponding teaching notes, each of them aimed to train about one core competence.
• The methodological guideline which describes the adopted process to develop and test the learning and teaching materials.
• A recommendation handbook about the guidance services aimed to policy makers.
These outcomes were translated to the partners’ languages and they are available in the project website: www.guide.metropolisnet.eu