Key Action: K204, Strategic Partnerships for Adult Education
Project Total Duration: 24 months
Start Date: 01/11/2019
Project nº: 2019-1-UK01-KA204-061999
Dacorum Council for Voluntary Service LTD, London (UK)
Programma Integra Societá Cooperativa Sociales, Italy; Xenios Polis, Culture, Science and Action, Greece; CSI, Center for Social Innovation LTD, Cyprus; DOCUMENTA, Spain; Innova Consultancy LTD, UK; SC Gripen Europe, SRL, Rumania.
FENCE addresses empowerment and capacity building actions for individuals as public staff in local authorities and public bodies, and NGOs and CSOs members, leaders, representatives working in the field of gender equality or human rights promotion.
- To make specific key-actors (individuals) empowered on gender bias fighting through gender equality issues awareness, gender competence building, gender equality goals promotion; these individuals belong to both men and women.
- To create and deliver innovative products and training tools- as tailored needs learning resources –based on differentiation methodologies and adult education approaches.
- To empower the key actors by taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ICT and digitizing the quality of learning content.
Results of the project
A) FOUNDATION RESULTS
- “Review paper”, literature review, analysis and evaluation of the existing learning environments in promoting gender bias fight, investigation of the learning and training needs, data analysis, etc.
B) DEVELOPMENT/INCORPORATION and SUSTAINABILITY RESULTS
- The FENCE Curriculum, a specific output oriented to the training and empowerment of individuals with the result their gender equality competence building and their subsequent abilities to actively react towards any gender bias observed or experiences.
- Digital Toolbox and Resources including the online platform, e-learning courses and a mobile application.
- Methodological Guide for Educators with the methodological framework addressing the adult trainers/educators of target groups and the approaches they should adopt when dealing with different contexts.
- The Policy Book. It aims to widely present and disseminate the results achieved during the project and makes all interested parties aware of gender equality issues, gender stereotypes fight, promotion of equality.
3. TARGET GROUPS
- Adult trainers and educators.
- Public sector personnel, social services, NGOs, leaders and representatives in the field of human rights promotion.
- Other professionals: social workers, psychologists, anthropologists, …
- Public entities and authorities.
- Citizens in general who will benefit from gender equality activities.