DiGem – Digital Empowerment
CALL: LLL – KA3 ITC
LENGTH: 30 months
STARTING DATE: November 2009
RESOLUTION NUMBER: 505052-2009-LLP-GR-KA3MP
DIMITRA Institute of Training and Development, Greece
ARSIS, Association for the social support of Youth, Greece
DOCUMENTA, European Institute for Training and Development Studies, Spain
Digitales Limited, United Kingdom
EDITC LTD, Cyprus
Multimedia Education Centre, Poland
ATHENA, Czech Republic
SEDC, Social and Economic Development Centre, Lithuania
DigEm is an innovative digital empowering project that uses a creative approach to teaching ICT skills, develops alternative ICT based contents and pedagogies and provides an effective entry route for learners disengaged with the learning process, or not confident with new technologies.
The project places the learners at the centre of the teaching method, and draws upon their personal experiences and stories to engage them. As an example the digital story telling approach engages them on developing a two minute film about their lives, for publication on the internet.
DigEm introduces basic digital competence by:
• Using Word processing to create scripts, blogs, interviews, newsletters.
• Using picture image software
• Using editing software (creation of websites, films, audio …)
• Using the Internet e-mail, administration, electronic sales, banking and other network services (training, hobbies, social networks)
3. GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The main aim of the project is to transfer, test and disseminate alternative methodologies to acquire abilities and skills regarding new technologies, mainly among those groups of people who, for some reason or other, have been kept out of the digital society.
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
The target audience of the project are people who complies with some of the following criteria:
• Low- skilled
• Socially excluded
• Rural area / inner city areas
• Women over 45
• Ethnic minorities
• Unemployed women
The training approach will be complemented by the development of an e-content platform in order to facilitate the trainees (both trainers and end-users). The platform will also favour online work on a network and showcase of the products of the end-users, in order to facilitate the creation of social networks and the successive interchange of information, empower all educational actors and foster the linking up and connecting of learning and users communities.
5. MAIN PRODUCTS
• A collection of tools, methodologies and approaches that each trainer and/or organization may be able to use later with multitude and several groups on different occasions
• Platform of digital contents to facilitate learning and contact between pupils (both in training of trainers and end users training). It will also include a virtual workspace of interchange and a window display of end products made by end users, facilitating networking and exchange of information
• A course of training of trainers in each country
• Two training courses to end users
• Assessment of the project