CREBUS.- Creating a business in the digital age. Developing entrepreneurship competencies for young Europeans through eMentorship
CALL: DG EAC/41/09
LENGTH: 24 months
STARTING DATE: November 2010
RESOLUTION NUMBER: 511822-LLP-1-2010-1-RO-KA3-KA3MP
University of Bucharest, Romania
IREA – Romanian Institute for Adult Education, Romania
Bit media e-Learning solution GmbH & Co KG, Austria
EBG – European Association for Vocational and Social Education, Germany
University of Latvia, Latvia
Centro Studi Cultura Sviluppo (Study Centre for Development and Culture), Italy
General Directorate of Apprenticeship and Non-Formal Education, Turkey
University of Craiova, Romania
The emerging needs of a post-crisis society, the prospective studies at European level about the “new skills for new jobs”, the strategy documents for Europa 2020 shows that new sectors will appear, new skills are needed, and among them, all have in common the entrepreneurial and ICT skills as basic ones. As demonstrated in the OECD Innovation Strategy, entrepreneurial skills and attitudes, risk-taking behavior, creativity, etc. will be crucial competences in the economy of the future (Policy Responses to the Economic Crisis: Investing in Innovation for Long-Term Growth, OECD 2009).
CReBUS project is aiming to develop a training system in order to facilitate the development of entrepreneurship competences for young graduates between 18-35 years old, using Web 2.0. Bringing business closer to the young generation that succeeds harder to find a job, and enabling them to set up their own business is a viable solution to overcome the unemployed or migrant status they are exposed to. By using dedicated Web 2.0 applications and platforms, and eMentorship network, it can be facilitated the transfer of good practices and experiences from the people who succeeded in different types of businesses to Young European entrepreneurs.
The project outputs will be a website using Web 2.0 applications designed for Young entrepreneurs in order to facilitate eMentorship. Other outputs will be a training pack, a booklet that includes good practices, recommendations, examples, successful stories.
CReBUS will help in creating a new learning environment for young entrepreneurs and other stakeholders and new entrepreneurial competences for young people all over Europe, social and business networks that will contribute positively in developing EU´s economy.
The main aim of the project is to create a new online learning environment to support the development of the entrepreneurial competences for young people and graduates.
The concrete objectives are:
1. To evaluate the training needs and learning interests of the young entrepreneurs.
2. To identify the interest domains for starting a business from youngsters who are going to graduate and potential barriers.
3. To define a curriculum for developing entrepreneurial competences, using the Web 2.0 learning opportunities.
4. To develop a website that offers training activities as webinars, video conferences, possibilities for social networking and other resources for online learning, as well as eMentorship.
5. To develop an online community and a social network including young entrepreneurs, trainers and the other stakeholders.
6. To exploit the potential of project outcomes for further development and sustainability beyond the EU-funding period.
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
CReBUS is targeted to four different groups:
1. Young entrepreneurs between 18-35 years old
2. Students from faculties of humanistic studies, more specific from education sciences and administration.
3. Graduates of human sciences and administration/business between 22-32 years old.
4. Representatives of employers, unions and SMEs, chambers of commerce